الحمد لله وحده، والصلاة والسلام على من لا نبي بعده، وعلى آله وصحبه، أما بعد
During his refutation of Al-Hasan Al-Maaliki on the issue of takfeer and of its being associated with the da’wah of Shaikh ul Islaam Muhammad bin ‘Abdil-Wahhaab; Al-‘Allaamah Rabee’ bin Haadi (hafidhahullaah) said:
“I do not know what the underlying reason behind Maaliki’s negating the matter of takfeer from Sayyid Qutb and his defence of him as well as the indictment upon whoever censures him and instead attaching the accusation of the matter of takfeer upon Imaam Muhammad (bin ‘Abdil-Wahhaab). Is it because he agrees with him (Sayyid Qutb) in his beliefs and his methodology – especially of his disparagement of the companions? Or is it due to other reasons – from them being his resentment of Imaam Muhammad and his call and those that aided him?!
Indeed, every just (fair) person knows in absolute knowledge that the tribulation of takfeer and detonating explosions and ruinous havoc are the result of the methodology and ideology of Sayyid Qutb and of his school (doctrine) and his books, as well as the books of those that proceed upon his methodology – and at the head of such books is the book: ‘Fee Dhilaal Al-Qur’aan’ and the book: ‘Ma’aalim fit-Tareeq’. Likewise the writings of Muhammad Qutb and Aboo Baseer and Aboo Qataadah and their likes who excite the emotional feelings of the youth throughout the world and so press them into the pit of takfeer and detonating explosions. Indeed; some of them may have wiped (themselves) with the Qur’aan and the Sunnah and the books of the Imaams of the da’wah for the popularization of their own actual methodology upon which they had been educated upon from the book: ‘Dhilaal’ and ‘Ma’aalim’ and that which follows the two of them. This is known by every just (fair) person.
Even the writers of the Ikhwaan Al-Muslimeen trace this fitnah back to the books of Sayyid Qutb and Muhammad Qutb and to the writings of Mawdudi and from them are: Al-Qardhaawi and Abul-Hasan An-Nadwi, let alone other than them from the just scholars of the Ummah who know – in absolute certain knowledge of the source of the political Khaarijite takfeer and the setting off of explosives and savage destruction. They likewise know that the da’wah of Imaam Muhammad (bin ‘Abdil-Wahhaab) (rahimahullaah) is free from such misguidances, this is because his da’wah was established upon knowledge taken from the Book and the Sunnah, and was established upon the guidance of the pious predecessors from the noble companions and the great Imaams and the eminent personalities of guidance and the lamps in the darknesses (of the night).
The books of Imaam Muhammad as well as the books of his students and his grandsons articulate that; and are filled with the correct beliefs and the upright methodologies and cohesively precise principles.
It was established in order to clear the matter of Tawheed and shirk, and Eemaan and kufr and of takfeer – with its details of it upon the Book and the Sunnah and upon the methodology of the pious predecessors. In contrast to that which the ignorant takfeeris are upon, those with whom this oppressor; Al-Maaliki raised an accusation against the da’wah of Imaam Muhammad. How distant they are from the da’wah of Imaam Muhammad and of his predecessors, rather they are a means of warfare against it and of its people, and their most vehement opponents are the followers of this Imaam and his true Islamic methodology. This is because they followed the advance of Sayyid Qutb and his astray methodology – from it being takfeer and detonating explosions and bringing about destruction; affairs which have convulsed the Muslims in the east of the world as well as in its west.”
Al-‘Allaamah Muqbil bin Haadi Al-Waadi’ee (rahimahullaah) said:
“I say: indeed we used to wipe with the soil of the deceased here in Sa’dah (Yemen) based upon ignorance; and we would take vows for other than Allaah based upon ignorance, until the books of Shaikh Muhammad bin ‘Abdil-Wahhaab came to us by the favour of Allaah. Hence after his books became widespread, the (superstitious) prattlers themselves began to feel ashamed and would say: ‘we will not do this.’
Allaah, The Glorified and Most High says in His Noble Book:
إِنَّ الشِّرْكَ لَظُلْمٌ عَظِيمٌ
((Indeed, shirk is a great transgression.)) (Luqmaan: 13)
He says likewise:
إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَغْفِرُ أَن يُشْرَكَ بِهِ وَيَغْفِرُ مَا دُونَ ذَٰلِكَ لِمَن يَشَاءُ
((Indeed, Allaah does not forgive Shirk [association in worship] being made with Him, but He forgives what is other than that for whom He wishes.)) (An-Nisaa: 48)
The Muslims in the east of the earth as well as in its west have indeed benefitted from the books of Shaikh Muhammad bin ‘Abdil-Wahhaab (rahimahullaahu ta’aalaa). As for the books of Sayyid Qutb, then they are fanaticisms of emptiness, the novice student of knowledge does not benefit from them, rather he may not even notice except that after a number of days he has become from the Jamaa’ah at-Takfeer.”
In their own words – On the issue of takfeer:
Shaikh ul Islaam Muhammad bin ‘Abdil-Wahhaab:
1. “As for that which the enemies mention concerning me that I make takfeer based upon suspicion and on the basis of associations or that I declare the ignorant one who has not had the proof established against him to be a disbeliever, then this is an immensely false accusation. By way of it they desire to deter the people from the religion of Allaah and His Messenger.”
2. “As for takfeer; then I make takfeer of the one who knew the religion of the Messenger, then after he knew of it – he reviled it and prohibited the people from it and was in hostility to those that practiced it. This is the one that I make takfeer of, and most of the Ummah – and all praise is for Allaah – are not as such.”
In a response to a letter to As-Swaidee; a scholar from ‘Iraq the Shaikh stated:
3. “So they make their disparagement and their enmity upon that which I command with by way of Tawheed, and that which I prohibit by way of shirk. They deceitfully confuse the general masses that: this is in opposition to that which the majority of the people are upon; and thus the tribulation becomes greatly intensified…From them (the false allegations) is that which you mentioned; that I declare all of the people to be disbelievers except for those that follow me, and that I claim that their marriages are incorrect. How astonishing! How does this even enter into the intellect of the one possessing intelligence? Does a Muslim or a disbeliever or one who is acquainted or a mad person even say this?”
4. “If we do not declare the one that worships the idol upon the grave of ‘Abdul-Qaadir to be a disbeliever, and likewise the idol which is found upon the grave of Ahmad Al-Badawi and the like of them – due to their ignorance and the absence of the one that could alert them; how then can we make takfeer of the one that does not commit shirk with Allaah if he does not make the hijrah to us or does not himself make takfeer and does not fight. Glory be to You (O Allaah); this is a great slander.”
5. “Allaah knows of the man that falsely charged me with affairs which I did not say, nor did most of them even occur to my mind, from them is his saying: that I say that the people have been upon nothing for six hundred years – and that I declare as disbelievers those that seek to utilize the righteous as a means of waseelah (a means of seeking nearness to Allaah) and that I declare Al-Buseeree to be an unbeliever and that I declare as disbelievers those that take an oath by other than Allaah….My answer to such issues is that I say: Glory be to You (O Allaah); this is a great slander.”
6. “That which has been mentioned to you concerning me that I make takfeer in generality, then this is from the false allegation of the enemies. Likewise their saying that I say: ‘whoever follows the religion of Allaah and His Messenger and he resides in his country; then it is insufficient until he comes to me’ – this likewise is from the false allegations. For indeed; the purpose is that the religion of Allaah and His Messenger should be followed in whichever land it may be.
However; we make takfeer of the one that acknowledges the religion of Allaah and His Messenger and then shows enmity to it and obstructs the people from it. Likewise of the one that worships the idols after he comes to know that it is the religion of the polytheists and so he adorns it for the people – this is the one that I make takfeer of and every single scholar upon the face of the earth makes takfeer of such people except for a man who is obstinate or ignorant.”
1. “Indeed; today there is not to be found upon the face of the earth a Muslim State, nor a Muslim society in which the legal code of conduct is the Islamic sharee’ah and the Islamic Fiqh.”
2. “Mankind has returned to jaahiliyyah and has apostated from ‘laa ilaaha illallaah’, mankind in general including those who repeat the words ‘laa ilaaha illallaah’ upon the minarets in the east of the world as well as its west without realising its significance/meaning. These (people) will be the weightiest in sin and the most severely punished on the Day of Resurrection because they had apostatized by resorting to the worship of the servants…”
3. “The Muslims now do not perform Jihaad; that is because there are no Muslims to be found today. The issue of the presence of Islaam and the presence of Muslims – it is what is in need of remedying.”
4. “There enters into the sphere of the ‘Mujtama’ al-jaahili’ (society of ignorance) those societies that claim for themselves that they are Muslim, not because they believe in the servitude of worship of anyone other than Allaah; nor because they present the religious rites of worship to other than Allaah. However they enter into this sphere (i.e. of jaahiliyyah) because they do not profess religiousness through servitude of worship to Allaah alone in the regularity of its life. So despite its not holding belief in the servitude of worship of anyone except Allaah, it has given the most exclusive characteristics of servitude of worship of other than Allaah, so they profess religiousness through the Haakimiyyah (rulership) of other than Allaah.”
5. “Those that do not single Allaah out in Haakimiyyah (rulership) in any era and in any place; then they are Mushrikoon (polytheists). Their belief in: ‘laa ilaaha illallaah’ does not exit them from this shirk by the mere belief – and nor because they put forth the religious rites for Allaah alone.”
6. “The Ummah has ceased to be in existence and has not been perceivable for a very long time.”
 Dahr Iftira’aat Ahl az-Zaigh wal Irtiyaab p.106-107.
 Al-Fadaa’ih wan-Nasaa’ih p.162.
 Majmu’ah Mu-allafaat Ash-Shaikh vol 5 p.25.
 Ad-Durar as-Sanniyyah vol 1 p.73.
 Majmu’ah Mu-allafaat Ash-Shaikh vol 5 p.36.
 Ad-Durar as-Sanniyyah vol 1 p.104.
 Majmu’ah Mu-allafaat Ash-Shaikh vol 5 p.11-12.
 Majmu’ah Mu-allafaat Ash-Shaikh vol 3 p.33.
 Fee Dhilaal Al-Qur’aan vol 4 p.2122.
 Fee Dhilaal Al-Qur’aan vol 2 p.1057.
 Fee Dhilaal Al-Qur’aan vol 3 p.1634.
 There are those that may seek to defend these words of Sayyid Qutb by stating that he is not making takfeer of Muslims societies, yet it is Qutb himself who clearly states his takfeeri purpose and ideology behind such phrases when he said:
“Indeed the ‘Mujtama’ al-Jaahili’ (society of ignorance) is every society which is not a Muslim society…there enters into it the Communist societies…there enters into it the polytheist societies…there enters into it the Jewish and Christian societies…and finally there enters into the sphere of the jaahili society those societies that claim for themselves that they are Muslim.” (Milestones p.98 onwards)
 Milestones p.101.
 Fee Dhilaal Al-Qur’aan vol 2 p.1492.
 Milestones p.8.
Be the first to comment